ASV 2011/04 Release Notes April 28, 2011
Copyright © 2000-2011 Manitu Group
Please refer to ASV 2011 Release Announcement for major changes with version 2011 and upgrade information.
Please refer to ASV Release Notes Archive for current and previous release notes.
We are happy to release ASV
2011/04 today. ASV users can now download the new version from their assigned download locations.
- LZMA compressed SWF files, and also ABC files, can now be extracted while searching for embedded data in files.
- Metadata tags in AS3 scripts can now be displayed in decompiled scripts.
- New AS3 syntax coloring options: Solarized dark and light
Colors from http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized
Coloring and formatting options are now easily accessible from the context menu.
- ASV now keeps a history of viewed AS3 scripts, and lets you navigate through them easily, using Go back and Go forward buttons. Also, decompiled AS3 scripts are now cached for faster experience.
- Interface changes: Actionscript related items moved from Utility menu to new Actionscript menu. AS3 script display mode (Class tree, inheritance tree, Search results) are now selected via buttons.
- Text search for AS3 scripts is finally here.
You can search in current script or all scripts.
You can also use the context menu to quickly search for a word or selected text.
- If you opt-in, ASV can now connect to buraks.com and check if the version of ASV is current when you open the About Dialog.
- Duplicate trait names in AS3 scripts (found in some obfuscated files), and certain dead code sections, can now be eliminated.
- Fixes and enhancements to AS3 decompiling engine. Much better handling of certain obfuscated and haXe-generated SWF files.
- Several minor bug fixes and enhancements.
- Coming soon: SWF Revealer Tool for ASV version 1.5 (able to reveal even more hidden embedded files)
- Help - or any documentation - is not available at this time.
- Updated website/pages are not available at this time.
- There are known issues with CLI (command-line interface), contact us if you need more details about this.
Thank you! Please keep letting us know of bugs, issues and your suggestions.
Revision 0.1 Apr. 28, 2011