ASV 2015/06 Release Notes June 25, 2015
Copyright © 2000-2015 Manitu Group
Please refer to ASV 2011 Release Announcement for major changes with version 2011 and upgrade information.
Please refer to ASV Release Notes Archive for current and previous release notes.
We are happy to release ASV
2015/06 today. ASV users can now download the new version from their assigned download locations.
What's new in 2015/06.25 version?
- Various fixes to AS3 decompile engine. (Just as with May update, no changes to AS2 decompile engine).
- ASV can now open certain files much faster (Sample file with 150 seconds opening time reduced to 20 seconds).
- New Preference in Export tab (of File|Prefences) for NOT opening extracted/saved files if filesize is big. 'Big' is currently defined as 1.25MB which currently can only be changed through the INI file.
- New option to replace whole words when fixing invalid strings (for both package and identifier names).
This option produces more readable result than character replacement, which is, on the other hand, safer.
- AS3: New Actionscript|Reduce Unnecessary Package Depth command.
- AS3 information for selected AS3 script is now displayed as a tree.
More information, including variables and methods are shown with easy navigation using double-click search as in AS2 information list.
- For AS3 SWFs, DebugLog() function call injection, lets you inject a call to ASVDebugLog.DebugLog() function to any method body.
DebugLog() function, traces values of selected variables. ASV also injects the ASVDebugLog class, which can be replaced with the AS3 Class Replacer tool,
or simple trace functionality it provides can be used with Flash authoring tool or within a browser (ASV also saves a sample HTML file with the functionality).
- AS3: New Evaluate static method (int):String command in Actionscript menu (and also on Actionscript tab toolbar).
Using this non-modal dialog, you can get string result of a static class method that accepts an integer argument.
ASV makes use of system installed Flash ActiveX plug-in to 'run' the method. At least version 9 player is required.
- In AS3 class tree, if the document class is to be shown as child of another trait (because there are more than one package traits), ASV now shows the document class trait as the parent and remaining traits as its children.
- Windows 2000 support dropped. ASV should still work under Windows 2K with cosmetic issues.
- Various UI issues fixed. About box now has a new color, and more space :)
Issues of other software appropriate to mention here
- Help - or any documentation - is not available at this time.
- Updated website/pages are not available at this time.
- 64 bit version of Windows 8 (by Microsoft) does not support ASVs tool installation. On that OS, add-on tools need to be installed manually. Manitu Group does not recommend use of Microsoft Windows 8.x (32 bit or 64 bit) for any computing purposes.
Thank you! Please keep letting us know of bugs, issues and your suggestions.