ASV 2015/05 Release Notes May 25, 2015
Copyright © 2000-2015 Manitu Group
Please refer to ASV 2011 Release Announcement for major changes with version 2011 and upgrade information.
Please refer to ASV Release Notes Archive for current and previous release notes.
We are happy to release ASV
2015/05 [15th Anniversary version] today. ASV users can now download the new version from their assigned download locations.
What's new in 2015/05.25 version?
- Significant enhancements to AS3 decompile engine. (No changes to AS2 decompile engine with this update).
- For AS3 SWFs, functionality of Actionscript | Fix Invalid Package Namespace Strings command enhanced, command renamed to
Actionscript | Fix Invalid Strings | Fix Invalid Package Names (Namespaces).
Fix Invalid Identifier Names (Multinames) and
Fix Conflicting File Names commands.
In the About box ASV displays the string 'This version is genuine', color of this text cycles.
(Of course this is not fool-proof but it was done stop counterfeit ASV copies created by just modifying the version displayed.
These counterfeit ASVs are in fact a leaked 2013 copy but display latest ASV version in the about box).
Text SWF Data exported now also includes registered user name along with version.
You can purchase an ASV license only directly from us, we have no resellers (especially in China).
To make sure you have the real deal, genuine ASV 2015/05 or later, please check the following:
- Correct version is displayed in the about box.
- There is 'This version is genuine' text in the about box and it changes color continuously.
- Correct version displayed in the text output saved by File | Save SWF Data as Text command.
Issues of other software appropriate to mention here
- Help - or any documentation - is not available at this time.
- Updated website/pages are not available at this time.
- 64 bit version of Windows 8 (by Microsoft) does not support ASVs tool installation. On that OS, add-on tools need to be installed manually. Manitu Group does not recommend use of Microsoft Windows 8.x (32 bit or 64 bit) for any computing purposes.
Thank you! Please keep letting us know of bugs, issues and your suggestions.