ASV 2011 Released February 10, 2011
Copyright © 2000-2011 Manitu Group
2011/02 is released*. ASV has been in 'pre-release' stage (as it was named) literally for years and now we call it a release.
ASV is regularly updated. See ASV Release Notes Archive
for more information.
We'd like to thank you all for your support.
Very Important Changes
How to get ASV 2011?
Other notes for version 2011/02
- ASV 2011 requires activation** (and new license files)
- ASV is no longer portable (and ASV finally has an installer)
- ASV will no longer run in a virtual environment (like VirtualPC, VMware)
- ASV single user licenses are now considered per seat by default.
This means, unless arranged otherwise, 1 license = 1 activation
- ASV license is now more explicit about license termination
If we find your copy of ASV pirated, or, you have violated the license terms in any way, we will revoke your license without notice. Thank you for your understanding
- ASV license no longer allows you to use ASV for providing online decompile services
- New tool: SWF Revealer.
Reveals, decrypts and extracts certain packaged/wrapped/embedded SWF files and other data, in AS3 SWF files.
- Tools are now installed simply by opening the tool installer file with ASV.
- Officially Windows 9.x support is dropped, Windows 7 is supported (Vista is NOT supported, i.e. we don't test ASV on Vista).
- Unfortunately, start-up time of ASV is increased and now ASV displays a splash banner during start-up.
- Help - or any documentation - is not available at this time.
- Updated website/pages are not available at this time.
- Our support response times may be slower than usual at times of major releases like this one. Thank you for your understanding.
- There are known issues with CLI (command-line interface), contact us if you need more details about this.
Thank you again!
* ASV 2011 Chinese distribution is made available on February 20th.
** With ASV 2011, all disrtributions of ASV require activation.
Revision 0.e Mar. 10, 2011